Angel Brittany

Angel Brittany

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Birthdays are usually a celebration. Birthdays bring laughter and smiles,old friends and sometimes family. Those who bring joy with them into our lives. We choose carefully the ones to share the special memories made on birthdays.
Birthdays can be a time of reflection, a time of reliving the past. If only for a while it can be a time that friends and family feel at ease to remember with us.
It is always okay to share your memories of Brittany with me. Even though I may cry it heals my heart to know you still remember. You have not forgotten our sweet Brittany. We have not forgotten. Sometimes it seems the world marches on and forgets. Please don't forget.
It's okay to say her name. She is always in our thoughts.
Sometimes I wonder, I think Rose and Savannah forget. They were so young. Yet I don't want them to forget.  I want them to remember the good times.
As the holiday season is well under way I think it is important for us to create new traditions so they have a part in the new choices. I also did not realize they do value some of the "old" traditions. Things I assumed they would out grow.
Savannah got upset they we handn't made the traditional trip for pumpkins, corn stalks and mums. She finally broke down,  she said Amber and Brittany were gone and things were not the same. It made her sad to give this up. So she and daddy did their trip to round them up.
It is so hard to understand what means something and what is irrelevant. Something so trivial can mean so much.
This was the first Thanksgiving Amber didn't come to visit. She is making her own new life there in Louisville. She is stressed with school but loves it. It makes my heart happy to see her chasing her dreams. I remember mom guilting me so hard for not making the trip "home" for and holiday. I teased Amber, telling her I wouldn't guilt her, I would only cry in silence.   She didn't think it was as funny as I did.
As we reflect on the memories if you have one too, please share. Brittany was old enough to begin creating her own life outside out home. There are so many fun times we weren't with her. Those happy memories are like glimpses into her heart.
I hope your day brings a flood of happy memories of Brittany or any other loved ones no longer with us.
Happy 22 nd birthday Beautiful Angel Brittany.

Hugs and kisses,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Amy,
    The love and strength, that you show everyday, is one that can only be learned from you. Keeping Brittany's memories alive to share and pass down to your two younger girls and those who knew Britt or only knew of her through your writings,just show's other the love you have and give is one you can not replicate ever. God Bless to you and all of your angles.

    ReplyDelete