Angel Brittany

Angel Brittany

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Only in the Dever house can we accomplish three tank catastrophes in one weekend.

There separate fish/turtle tanks demolished. No less than 10 gallons of water on the floor. All in one room. Joyously there were no fatalities other than the tanks themselves.

You have to hear this story. If you are friend or family and you know Rose you will really get a laugh.

Rose, being the independent child she is. Yes, I know she gets that from me... could not wait to move the Beta. The beta she has kept happily in a 1 gallon tank for the last 2 years.

There is a jar in her school office that has a beta with a live plant in it. I think the call it a lily garden tank.

Sometime Friday Rose decided she would move her Beta to a vase like that. They are really pretty. The round glass really makes the fish look great.

Fast forward...
beta out of tank...
New 10 gallon tank(for turtle, this was planned) on floor half full of water ...
Me "Rose you can't fill the vase with all tap water. We don't have the tank safe stuff. You will kill him with the chlorine. Get some water from the pond and only use a quarter of tap water"
Rose" ok"
about 45 minutes pass
Rose, hysterically crying " It broke! It slipped out of my hands! I didn't mean too! ......."
Me "what broke?", I had forgotten about the move beta was making.
Rose " It broke! It slipped out of my hands! I didn't mean too! ......."
Me "WHAT BROKE?"
Rose " It broke! It slipped out of my hands! I didn't mean too! ......."
Me, getting upset, dropping a stack of books ( knee deep in a major clean out of the attic and bonus room) " WHAT BROKE ROSE?"
Rose " the Vase, I dropped it."
Me" Its ok he can go back in the tank"
Me, walking in to her room to find that both the vase and the tank are broken "what happened?"
Rose " I was trying to use the turtle tank water to fill the vase and it slipped out of my hands"

Needless to say she was holding the vase over the turtle tank when she dropped it so the vase dropped into the turtle tank shattering the bottom and allowing all the turtle water to soak into the carpet.
Rose's carpet had a nice spot with glass and fish rocks, and water. to wet to vacuum. so it sat there last night with another small tank weighting down a stack of towels.

tank 1 and 2 total loss

Today,

Loud thud,
Shouting...
Rose"it's your fault, you made me drop it!"
Savannah, half laughing, "I didn't even touch you"
Rose"you were in my way"
Savannah"no I wasn't"
slamming door and thumping down the stairs...
Rose, wet hair, shirt and jeans, red mad face" Savannah made me drop the other one!"
Me"What? The new one? "
Rose" yes!"
Me"You are kidding?"
Rose, very mad, "no"

I go up to the room and Savannah meets me on the stairs laughing. This making Rose madder. "Mom Rose dropped the new bowl and the water exploded all up over her!" Laughing more.

Rose dropped the bowl she had just bought at the fish store, it hit the floor and all the water shot straight up into her face. The bowl survived!  However the water is on the carpet in a different part of the room than the water yesterday. This was clean water thankfully. And again Beta escaped by sunning in the window while his house was going places.

Tank 3 survived!

Well, I guess my rest break is over. Just felt the need to share. I still have to get ready for my classes this week. Cleaning the carpet will be a must this week also. This purging my house of the stuff we have accumulated over the last few years feels great. I can see the light at the end of this very long tunnel. I haven't gotten to Brittany's things yet. I know I will and I know it will be hard. But I know we will get through it. It might take a while, memories are hard to escape when you look at her things. But the good memories outnumber the bad. I am working on keeping it that way too!

Hope you are enjoying warmer weather as we are. Even rainy, at least its warm.

Peace and Light
Amy






No comments:

Post a Comment