Angel Brittany

Angel Brittany

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Today was a day filled with good moments. Thank you lord for that! We are so infected with cabin fever I think we will all go mad. The sun helps so much. I really wish I could skip right to spring. I am finding a renewed energy and lifted spirit with each day that passes. I hope it continues. It's so random what will push me off the edge of this cliff I am walking. A picture or a song. Even a smell. Some days the same things are fine and then Wham! It gets me.
Through my travels in this pain I have met some awesome people traveling this rough and bumpy road. One mom has a son taken by cancer as well. Her son Jon was the same age as Brittany. I do fine comfort thinking of all the fun they are having. All the trouble they are causing. They really sound like they would have been friends here on earth for sure. He was interested in many of the same things. And I found out several months ago that their birthdays were 2 days apart. I try to keep the good things in the front of my mind. Push the scary hard struggles to the farthest corner I can find.
I was thinking today about when Brittany's hair started falling out after her first chemo. After she got it cut she decided to shave it. So we are all in the bathroom with her. She decided she would let her little sisters start with the sides. One the older of the two was really fast and disinterested. We were worried she would take an ear off. The youngest took her time and was very careful. Very patient and meticulous. I was trying to show her how to use the clippers, but I wasn't doing it right so daddy took over. She almost had to wrestle the clippers away. By the time she was done we were all laughing. We still chuckle about it.
Remember as you travel through this life to look for the little blessings in every day. They are there, no matter how small. You may not see them in the moment. Some times as I look back I see them so clearly. Life happens in the moment. LIVE IT!
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment